We specialize in the creation of handcrafted engagement rings.
Silver Spring Jewelry has been family-owned and operated since 1971. We are the DC area's only complete jewelry store, with 13 jewelry associates and eight goldsmiths on staff specializing in all aspects of jewelry, manufacturing, repair, restoration, custom designs, engraving, and gold refining.
We take great pride in building lifelong relationships with our clients. We have been blessed with loyal clients that have been with us since we opened our doors. Nothing makes us more proud than welcoming their sons, daughters, grandsons and granddaughters.
Through the years of hard work and determination, I have persevered and grown my business from three small showcases inside my father's grocery store to a three-store operation that are also managed by my two daughters, Nery Vega and Mayra Saenz and my son Ramon A. Garcia.
From my family to yours, I invite you to visit our three convenient locations.
- After escaping from Cuba, our founder, Ramon E. Garcia arrived at Key West, Florida
- Made his way to Washington D.C.
- Soon after, Ramon started to work as a banquet waiter at the Washington Hilton Hotel
- He was able to bring his parents and five siblings from Cuba.
- He met the owners of Cuban Jewelry, a gold manufacturing company from Union City, NJ, with whom he established a business relationship
- Started selling to his co-workers in free time
- Soon after, he started placing ads in the program booklet distributed by the Spanish-language Ontario Movie Theater. He advertised himself as the Hispanic Community’s favorite jeweler and offered at-home sales presentations and flexible credit terms.
- Gold jumped from $40 to $100 per ounce, it benefited him and allowed him and his father, Alejandro S. Garcia, to purchase Silver Spring Market, a Latin American grocery store located at the intersection of East West Highway and Colesville Road in Silver Spring, MD.
- Because of the construction of the Silver Spring Metro Station we move Silver Spring Market to 1525 University Blvd Hyattsville, MD 20783. Alejandro managed the market while Ramon concentrated on the jewelry business. He inserted three jewelry display cases in the front corner of the market selling gold jewelry and thus came to be the founding of Silver Spring Jewelry.
- We opened our second location in the Langley Park shopping center on the corner of University Blvd. and New Hampshire Ave. Later in 2006 we moved this location to the White Oak Shopping center 11205 New Hampshire Ave. Silver Spring, MD 20904
- We opened our third location at 9421 Georgia Ave Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Through the years, Mr. Garcia has persevered and grown the business from the three small showcases to a three-store operation also managed by his two daughters, Nery Vega, Mayra Saenz, and his son Ramon A. Garcia as well as 20 professional staffers.